Tuesday, February 24, 2009

You Are My Destiny

Finally, the long and dragging drama, You Are My Destiny had finished aired on KBS World yesterday.. At first, I didn't think that I'll finish watching it, but it seems like a watchable drama at the first few episodes; a normal family related drama with less YoonA except I really feel like the drama was only to promote her.. Well, you can see her face at the end although she appeared like only one or two scenes.. I thought to write more once I've finished watching it but now I feel lazy and pointless to write about it.. I just can say that it is a very worth watching drama if you are a super fans of YoonA and she's great.. She's the first actress with 178 episodes drama who made me quite annoyed while watching it; I think it's because this drama is just to promote her and promote her.. Quote from her from the press conference, "I really hope the audience will see me as an actress in this drama but not a singer" but I really see her as a singer in this drama; like what I said, keeps promoting her.. I don't really like the main leads of this drama; YoonA and Park Jaejong although they were like the protagonists but they were like the most selfish couple ever.. Usually, I didn't really care about this but they really made me feel a little bit annoyed.. Luckily, there were other actors and actresses who made me feel this drama was worth for me to continue the rest of 100 episodes.. My favourite characters are
Lee Pil Mo as Kim Tae YeongKim Jung Nan as Pan Soo Young
I really don't know them before this but their acting are natural and they seem sweet together..
Lee Ji Hoon as Kim Tae Pung
Yup, Lee Ji Hoon was in this drama too, but he's the second or third male lead.. At first, I was shocked to know him as not the main lead in this drama.. I've watched him in Wonderful Life and knew he formed a S group with Kangta, so for him to be the third lead like that was really maldoandae.. But it was good for him in this drama, I didn't really like him much in Wonderful Life but got to know him more through this..
Gong Hyun Joo as Kim Soobin
I think every drama must have an evil character just to protray how good is the main lead and she was the evil character at first; jealous Saebyeok because Hosae loves her.. And at first, I also didn't know why she kept asking Hosae not to inform their parents when they broke up but Hosae also did the same; he also keeps asking Saebyeok not to inform his parents and even denied it when they broke up later on because the Saebyeok didn't want to "hurt" her adopted parents but they turned out hurting them more and more.. So this was the reason I didn't really like them.. Furthermore, I was quite pitied for her.. Although she was the second female lead, but when her boyfriend, Nam Gyeong Wu leaved in the midway, her scenes was completely cut to the minimum.. She only became an announcer to announce what happened in the company like "We might get the Aqua contract", "There is some problems in the board of members" and something like that since she was the leader of the design department but since Saebyeok was also under her, so Saebyeok's design was like the best of the best although I thought that Soobin went to overseas to study design and her designs in her previous company was the best in Korea and international perhaps..
So, I found this drama was ok only after minus the pros and cons.. =)

No comments: