Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Gem of Life

The high production drama, previously known as Jewel's Splendour; The Gem of Life (珠光寶氣) had finished airing last Friday.. I prefer Jewel's Splendour than The Gem of Life because it's more special.. It consists of 82 episodes so I had watch it for about 4 months.. My favourite characters in this series are Ada, Lee Sze Kei and Moses.. Moses didn't seem to stand out like in Heart of Greed and Moonlight Resonance, but he's my most favourite Hong Kong's actor after Raymond Lam.. Ada is always one of my most favourite actresses, just that she didn't film much dramas now.. I'm anticipating for her role in Superwoman now.. And Lee Sze Kei was the one who had a lot of plans for her and her family's good.. I think many had anticipated for this drama for its great production and casting but it was quite boring in the halfway because I didn't understand what did they mention about business.. I lazy to talk more so I just want to write about my thought for the ending.. I actually quite like the ending, I think the best part was at the end of episode 81 and episode 82.. It was such a touching scene when Lee Sze Kei tried to pretend normal although she had amnesia, but she still wanted to cool down the fights between her three daughters by memorizing what she had recorded earlier.. So this caused them to realise the wrong things that they had made.. I quite pity Wong Hei in this series because he's blind afterall and he still loves Ada towards the end.. Everything was ended quite well but just some questions left unsolved like did Jessica (Ada) purposely caused the death of her husband, will Ah Tung (Kenny) awake from coma, the relationship between Ah Wor (Wong Hei) and Jessica Hong.. The story just ended when Lee Sze Kei had remembered back her daughters and her husband and they hugged together.. But was this temporary or she had cured miraculously.. Afterall, it is a happy ending..

No comments: